Friday, May 3, 2013

"Restaurateur defends half-naked woman"

Strandvägen 1
I have to admit that the headline pulled me in. "Restaurateur defends half-naked woman." My imagination had taken me several steps ahead before I started reading the facts. Did a woman undress at his restaurant? Did it happen somewhere else? Why were people up set at her nakedness.

The facts were far less fantastic. It's simply another case of someone defending a piece of art.

Restaurateur Pelle Lydmar has shown art at his businesses since the 90's. Some of it, according to him, much more upsetting than the half nude woman in the photo. The photo that's taken by photographer Oskar Christophersen arrived just in time for the opening of the new restaurant Strandvägen 1. Lydmar liked it and put it in the restaurant as well as on the homepage.

That's when half the "blogosphere" got their collective knickers in a knot and the news paper got their story. Lydmar has taken the photo down and put up a photo of his dog instead, but only on the web page, the original art still hangs on the wall in his restaurant.

If I were to critique the photo then I'd point to the ribs of the woman showing, but, this is not an ad it's art and the ribs doesn't matter as much then. There is a huge difference between selling clothes with too skinny models and making a piece of art.

Now I'm more interested in the food I found on the menu. How about this mouth watering dish:

Rotisseri grilled pork belly with carrots, 
broad beans, brown butter jus, 
roasted garlic- and potato purée

No comments:

Post a Comment