Friday, July 8, 2011

Exhaustion Syndrome

I found it a bit odd that I could find almost nothing about it in English. (It's usually the other way around, there is a lot of information in English and very little in Swedish.) Then I found this and it all cleared up for me.
Exhaustion syndrome, also called burnout and exhaustion depression, leaves objectively measurable changes in the brain -- including reduced activity in the frontal lobes and altered regulation of the stress hormone cortisol. This is shown in a new dissertation from Umeå University in Sweden.
It seems as if the Swedes are on the front line when it comes to this.

It's been over a week and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Things I could easily learn in minutes keep falling out of my mind and I just don't "get it".

No comments:

Post a Comment