Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Game of Thrones

People around me have told me about Game of Thrones, comparing it with Lord of the Rings or "something similar to Tolkien". After watching the DVDs I can say, it's not even close. Comparing Game of Thrones with Tolkien is blasphemy in my opinion.

The constant jumps between the families makes it a bit hard to follow and makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. Who did what now? I'm about to watch it all again to see if it's easier to follow the twists and turns the other time around. I'm forgiving the confusion because some of my favourite actors are in it, Sean Bean, Jason Momoa and Peter Dinklage. (Yeah, I know. It's unfortunate.) Peter Dinklage's character Tyrion Lannister is a favourite and a bit of a surprise, since he's not stereotyped in a way as so many dwarves in fantasy are.

No comments:

Post a Comment