Saturday, March 17, 2012

Witch Hunt

I strongly dislike how people see "famous" people as fair game for a witch hunt by today's standards. People are no longer executed for their "crimes" but they are hunted and tormented. What's worse is to see how people think it's OK, that they somehow deserve it. It makes me sick. That someone's name is well known by a larger mass of people does not automatically give the world the right to probe into their private lives and spread information, lies and misinformation about them.

Today it's the guy who's behind the Kony 2012 video. I saw the headlines but I never read the whole story. I don't need to. It's none of my business. I dislike the misinformation in the video he made and I doubt the message it sends, but it's not personal. The video does not attack another person on a personal and private way, nor does it attack me as a private person. Because of that there's no need to fill the headlines with his private business.

The headlines, and those who *like* and spread them says more about them than the person it is about. The people that think that such witch hunts are OK are made of the same material as bullies. I don't like bullies either.

No comments:

Post a Comment