Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm a hoarder.

I think it's programmed into my DNA that I have to make sure to gather food so that I don't starve to death. My mother has followed our family history backwards and found out that our ancestors were the only survivors when starvation killed the rest of the village. In my eyes that's proof enough. It's in our genes.

The problem is that one of the shelves in the larder have had enough. It's broken and it can't be fixed. No, that's not the problem, it's a symptom of the problem. The problem is that I have enough food to feed and army for a month and we're only four persons in the household. Two of that being our sons that spend much time away form home.

I never make new years resolutions, but this year I think I should make an exception and make one. I really need to stop buying and storing so much food. I will never be in a situation where I will have to feed an army. Ever. It's about time to relax and stop hoarding, at least for a couple of months or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment