Saturday, May 28, 2011

I found about 14 cranes the other day.

It's amazing to see so many of them and I think I'll never get used to it.

As a child I followed my grandparents out on an adventure. My grandfather had seen cranes dancing on a mire and it was something extraordinary to see. First we took the car and drove away from the town. Then we walked through the forest and over a cutting area, then out on the edge of the mire where we hid in a group of small trees. Waiting in silence is tough for a little girl and I remember being hushed many times. Then when I was as bored as I could possibly be, we heard them. Using the binoculars we could see two cranes at the other side of the mire. Two grey dots that sang and danced.  It was ma magical experience.

The cranes I found this time were out on a field next to a heavily trafficked road. It's still amazing to see them, but the magic is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment